The ‘Advanced ROS Programming‘ course is part of the ongoing ROS Developer Learning Path. The ROS Developer Learning Path is having a series of ROS courses such as 1) ROS for Absolute Beginners 2) Mastering ROS 3) ROS Advanced 4) Becoming a ROS developer. The second-course Mastering ROS will be finishing on Feb last week – 2021. Now we are inviting students to join to next course, ‘i.e ‘Advanced ROS Programming‘. This course aims to discuss advanced concepts such as ROS Nodelets, Rviz Plugins, Path planners, Introduction to ROS 2, etc in detail. The complete course will be online and the expected completion of this course will be May 2nd week-2021. You can find the Course eligibility, Prerequisites, Syllabus, Course schedule, and Course features below.
Here is the list of projects done by the course members in the previous courses.
Given below a list of mandatory requirements for this course. Those who are meeting these mandatory requirements are eligible for this course.
- Understanding of ROS Concepts, URDF, Gazebo-ROS simulation, roscpp, and rospy
- Object-Oriented Concepts, C++, Python
- Understanding of Ubuntu Linux and Linux commands
- Interest and basic understanding in Robotics
In order to successfully execute the Advanced ROS course, you should have the following things.
- A computer with Windows 10/7, Mac, or Ubuntu 20.04 having >= 4 GB of RAM
- A good headphone with a microphone for discussion
- Github account (Create a new account if don’t have one)
Here are course chapters discussing in the ‘Advanced ROS Programming.
- Deep dive into ROS Nodelets
- Writing your first Nodelets
- Implementing vision algorithms using ROS nodelets
- Deep dive into ROS Gazebo plugin
- Writing your first Gazebo plugin
- Implementing a sensor in Gazebo using plugin
- Deep dive into Rviz and Rqt plugins
- Working with existing Rviz and Rqt plugins
- Creating new Rviz plugin for visualization
- Creating new Rqt plugin
- Deep dive into Controllers in ROS
- Configuring ROS controllers for your robot
- Writing ROS controllers for your robot
- Interfacing ROS controllers to actual actuator
- Deep dive into ROS based path planners
- Working with existing planners in ROS
- Configuring a planner for your robot
- Writing your own planner for your robot
- Deep dive into the self-driving car technology
- Discussing hardware to built a self-driving car
- Discussing software architecture
- ROS based software for self-driving car
- Working with Autoware project
- Simulating and Visualizing a self-driving car
- Visualization of Self-driving data in Webviz & XVIZ
- Understanding core concepts of ROS 2
- Migrating from ROS 1 to ROS 2
- ROS 2 concepts
- ROS 2 programming
- ROS 2 simulation in Gazebo
- Introduction to ROS Navigation 2 and MoveIt! 2
- Configuring simulated robot mobile robot with Navigation 2
- Configuring simulated robot arm with MoveIt! 2
- ROS 2 perception
Here are the main features of ‘Advanced ROS Programming.
This course will be live classes. There will be an opportunity to interact and ask doubts to the instructor during teaching. If anyone can't attend live sessions, there will be recordings of the classes and they can interact with the instructor either personally or the discussion channel.
After successfully completing the course, assignments, and final projects, you will get awarded a course completion certificate from Lentin Joseph on behalf of Robocademy. If anyone just audits the course, they will get the participation certificates.
You will get mentorship to your ROS project if you are planning to work on any ROS projects. The instructor can give you guidelines on how to proceed with your project.
After the course completion, the student will have access to all study materials, codes, and discussion channel content. After completing the course and awarding certificate, students will be added to a public group so that, they can in touch with the Robocademy community and ask doubts.
Each student will get an e-copy of the Mastering ROS book which is written by Lentin Joseph.
In additional live class and mentorship, if you have difficulties in setting Ubuntu/ROS in your PC, you will get technical support from the instructor. The support can be either through remote desktop connection or through a voice call
There will be small changes in the schedule and it will be notified once you enroll in this course.
- Lecture: 4 hrs/week (Friday and Saturday)
- Project Meeting: (Sunday)
- Live Class time: 8 PM IST (Indian Standard Time), It can vary according to feedback
- Q&A and interaction: 8 hrs/week
- Total Estimated course time: 40 to 60 hr
Enroll in Advanced ROS Programming
You can enroll in the ‘Advanced ROS Programming’ course by clicking the following button. Enroll today, only limited seats are available.
Course Fees: 299 USD
For international students
For Indian students
Lentin Joseph is an author, roboticist, and robotics entrepreneur. He runs a robotics software consultancy company called Qbotics Labs. He has 10 years of experience in the robotics domain primarily in the Robot Operating System, OpenCV, and PCL.
He has authored 8 books in ROS, namely, Learning Robotics using Python first and the second edition, Mastering ROS for Robotics Programming first and second edition, ROS Programming: Building powerful robots, ROS Robotics Projects first and second edition, and Robot Operating System for Absolute Beginners.
He has pursued his Masters in Robotics and Automation and worked at Robotics Institute, CMU, USA. He is also a TEDx speaker.
The course fee has to pay in advance. It should be a one-time payment. Regarding the refunding, if the student is not at all happy with the course and if they can come up with a solid reason, we will refund a part of the fee amount. It will depend on when they ask for a refund. After getting a refund, they are not eligible to get a certificate.
Yes, In the payment gateway, you can see an EMI option.
Please let us know if you have any issues with this.
All live classes will be recorded, so if anyone can't attend the classes, you can audit the course and you can contact the instructor if you have any queries
Yes, you will get 1-month extra support after this course.