The ROS Developer Learning Path is an extensive online live training program on ROS and its associated technologies. This program started last year (2020) and we have successfully completed the first batch. The second batch of ROS Develop Learning will be started this year(2021), and we opened the registration for 2nd batch.
In the first batch, our main focus was on ROS 1 and we have also given the migration guidelines and discussion of advanced topics in ROS 2 as well. This year, we are adding more topics in ROS 2 but also covering important topics in ROS 1 as well.
The main objective of this course is to train and mentor students in the ROS framework and make them ready for industry and research.
Why we started this course?
Here are the main reasons why we started this course.
- There is no extensive online live course in ROS giving a solid understanding of its core concepts. This program aims to fill this gap.
- There are very few courses available that are collaborating with ROS-based companies to provide a better learning experience for its students. We have collaborated with robotics companies and institutions, that will help us to understand their specific requirements and keep on including those topics in the course syllabus. This will help the students stay updated with the industry/research requirements. This knowledge will help them to land an internship in these companies. We are also planning to arrange interactive sessions with ROS experts from industry/academia as well.
- There are online platforms to teach ROS, but from our perspective, the best way to start with robotics programming is by building real robots themselves. We promote building robots and creating simulations on your PC without depending on any platforms. This will help you to create a robot by yourself without any confusion.
- There are many recorded video tutorials to learn about ROS, but there is no dedicated mentor to support you when you face issues with ROS. We are trying to fix this.
- If you are working in a robotics competition using ROS like DARPA Subterranean Challenge, ROS Minesweepers, e-Yantra and ARTPark Robotics Challenge, you may need knowledge as well as mentorship. This program will guide you to work with ROS based competitions.
- If you are working on a ROS research project/industrial project, having a mentor who are having experience in this domain definitely helps you to accelerate your development time and improve the quality of the project as well. This program is providing support for your ROS projects.
Instructor & Mentor: Lentin Joseph
Lentin Joseph is an author, roboticist, and robotics entrepreneur. He runs a robotics software consultancy company called Qbotics Labs. He has 11 years of experience in the robotics domain primarily in the Robot Operating System, OpenCV, and PCL.
He has authored 9 books in ROS, namely, Learning Robotics using Python first and the second edition, Mastering ROS for Robotics Programming first, second and third edition, ROS Programming: Building powerful robots, ROS Robotics Projects first and second edition, and Robot Operating System for Absolute Beginners.
He has pursued his Masters in Robotics and Automation and worked at Robotics Institute, CMU, USA. He is also a TEDx speaker.
You can find his latest book from the following link: Mastering ROS for Robotics Programming, Third Edition.
You can connect to the instructor in the following social media accounts.
We are excited to announce our current course collaborators here. All of our collaborators are working on Robotics and ROS. We are collaborating with different robotics companies around the world to improve the course syllabus and make this course industry/research-ready. There will be technical talks from these companies about their ROS projects and opportunities in ROS.
Our primary collaborator is NVIDIA. They give support for their new ROS projects and new onboard computers which can be used in robots.
Technical & Internship Collaborators
We have technical collaborators who are mainly contributing to the course to improve the overall quality of the course. After the successful completion of the course and if you are performing well, there is a good chance to bag an internship/job from our collaborator companies. We keep on adding robotics companies for technical and internship collaboration. This can give more confidence in students for doing this course and increase the chances of getting hired after the program.
Here is the list of course collaborators and their websites.
- Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz
- ASIMOV Robotics
- Orangewood Labs
- Accio Robotics
- Unique World Robotics
In order to start with the course, you should meet the following basic requirements
- A Windows 7/8/10, Mac or Ubuntu PC with >= 4 GB of RAM
Programming language Requirements
- Mandatory: Basic understanding of any of the programming languages
- Mandatory: Interest and basic understanding in Robotics
- Optional: Understanding of Ubuntu Linux and Linux commands
- Optional: Object-Oriented Concepts, C++, Python
You can view the course syllabus from the following slide or you can download it from the button below.ROS_Developer_Learning_Path_Curriculum
This is a 1-year program in which you will get online sessions and support from the mentor and his team. The course will be starting on November,2nd week 2021.
Here is the weekly commitment of this program
- Live Lecturing – 3 to 4 hrs/week
- Project Meeting – 30 min/week
- Q&A and others – 1 to 2 hrs/week
- Live sessions are on Friday and Saturday, Team meeting on Monday. The lecture time will be fixed based on the participant convenience.
All live sessions will be recorded, you can watch the video after the session as well. If you have any doubts, you can ask in the course discord channel.
Note: You can do this course in a self-paced mode as well.
Here are the main features of the course
Here are the reviews from our first batch of students.
Top Student Projects
Here is a video and link to the projects done by students in the first batch of ROS Developer Learning Path.
How to Register?
Here are the options to register for this course, you can either do a one-time payment or opt for a subscription-based model. If you are opting for a one-time payment, you will get FREE access to the recorded sessions of our first course: ROS Developer Learning Path which is cost around 400 USD.
We are introducing the subscription model from this batch. In this model, you can pay the course amount as per your convenience, without having additional interest. There are only limited cards that will support this. If you are interested, please fill the google form below. We will send the subscription link soon to your mail-id.
How to get a scholarship?
We are planning to offer a diversity scholarship for this course. The scholarship is mainly intended for financially backward students who are passionate about robotics and ROS. Currently, there is a limited number of scholarships available. We are looking for sponsors to increase this number.
We will announce how to apply for the scholarship after launching this course.
Become a Sponsor or Colloborator
We are looking for sponsors who can sponsor our diversity scholarship and also sponsor their team for this course. We are also looking for collaborating with robotics companies in order to improve our syllabus and provide internships to our participants.
Given below are the Sponsorship & Collaborator document, payment link and Sponsorship/Collaboration form.
Yes, there are free tutorials and courses available on the web, but the issue with ROS is, there is no courses or tutorial teaches you A-Z of ROS. There are free tutorials and videos, but they are scattered on the web and students may not get a proper direction to learn ROS. There is a definite chance to get stuck while following the ROS tutorial, having a mentor can solve that issue.
Yes, there is.
There is an EMI option in the payment gateway, you can choose that option. If that is not working, please send a message in the contact form or send a mail to [email protected]
All live classes will be recorded, so if anyone can't attend the classes, you can audit the course and you can contact the instructor if you have any queries
Yes, you will get 1-month of extra support after this course.
You can chat with Lentin Joseph on Whatsapp using the following link.
or you can use the following contact form